Machzor for Yom Kippur (Faina Petryakova Memorial Museum in Lviv)
Machzor for Yom Kippur holiday.
The prayer book includes the prayers in Hebrew for the evening of Yom Kippur holiday. There is 358 pages in machzor, the book is wrapped in in the brown cover of artificial leather decorated with the embossed floral ornaments on the four corners. Machzor was published for the fourth time in Berlin in the L. Herschel printing house and was edited by Yechiel Michael Sachs is the third part of a multivolume edition of "Mahzor for all holidays of the year."
- Museum / institution
- Faina Petryakova Memorial Museum in Lviv
- History, source, type and date of acquisition
- The book was received by the museum after the death of a ward of "Turei Zahav" community.
- Production period
- printing, lettering
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- Yom Kippur
- Religious holiday / lifecycle, comment
- The machzor contains prayers for the evening of Yom Kippur, recited on the eve of the holiday Yom Kippur in the afternoon and in the evening prayer (Mincha and Maariv), "Kol Nidre" and selichot for it, "Avinu Malkeinu", "Yigdal" ("The Thirteen Principles of Faith") and texts of the songs ("The song of unity," "The song of Glory", "The song of the King's Throne").
- middle of XIX - end of XIX
- cardboard, leathering, paper
- Dimensions, cm
- width: 12.50, height: 3.50, length: 25.00
- Preservation condition
- no restoration needed
- Current location
- on display
- Since when displayed (year and month, the name of the exhibition or exposure)