Siddur (Bakhmach Historical Museum)
Jewish prayer book with the texts of prayers and blessings.
Siddur (Jewish prayer book on every day in Hebrew) in the cardboard cover. The image shows a page of the book where are the texts of the final blessings of the prayer "Birkat Hamazon" and blessing "Meein Shalosh" (after meals).
- Museum / institution
- Bakhmach Historical Museum
- Production period
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- for religious use
- Religious holiday / lifecycle, comment
- In the siddur there are the texts of the morning (Shacharit), afternoon (Mincha) and evening (Maariv) prayers on weekdays, shabbat and holidays, the texts of blessings (morning blessings, blessings before the meal and after it, blessings before the reading of the Torah, candle lighting blessings, blessings that are related to the events that accompany the various stages of Jewish life - circumcision, redeeming of firstborn, wedding, etc.), the order of the Havdalah ceremony, the bedtime prayers.
- end of XIX - the beginning of XX
- Preservation condition
- Description of the preservation condition
- The front page and part of the book containing the morning blessings, morning prayer and blessings before the meal and also the beginning of "Birkat Hamazon" prayer (blessing after the meal with bread) are missing.
- Requires immediate restoration.
- Current location
- in storage