"Jewish reader with links to Gezenius' grammar and Hebrew-Russian glossarіum" (Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions)
Reader book in Hebrew with grammar references and dictionary.
The book "Jewish reader with links to Gezenius' grammar and Hebrew-Russian glossarіum", written by professor K.Kossovych, was published in 1875 in Saint Petersburg and contains 362 pages. The book is interwoven in a gray cardboard cover decorated with geometric ornament.
- Museum / institution
- Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions
- Inventory number in the institution
- ЖКМ КП 37321/3 Ікн/ст 3366
- prof. Kossovych, St. Petersburg
- Production period
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- for daily use at home
- Religious holiday / lifecycle, comment
- In its time the book served as a reader-book and simultaneously as the Jewish-Old Russian dictionary and grammar guide.
- middle of XIX - end of XIX
- cardboard, paper, fabric
- Dimensions, cm
- width: 14.70, height: 1.70, length: 21.40
- Preservation condition
- Description of the preservation condition
- Book pages turned yellow, sometimes have inscriptions with violet ink, stains, rubbing, splotches, breaks.
- Restoration is recommended.
- Current location
- in storage