The book "Seder Hagaddah" (Faina Petryakova Memorial Museum in Lviv)
The book "Seder Haggadah" (Haggadah shel Pesach) is a book read during the Passover seder.
The book "Seder Haggadah" ("Order of Haggadah") with the text of story on Exodus of Jews from Egypt in Hebrew with commentaries in Yiddish. On the first page of the Haggadah there is the text of the blessings for the destruction of chametz that are read in the eve of Pesach. The book "Seder Haggadah" is made in the cardboard cover of piebald mottled dark green color and published in the city of Mukachevo in the beginning of the 20th century.
- Museum / institution
- Faina Petryakova Memorial Museum in Lviv
- Inventory number in the institution
- № 3680 РЛ № 62 Інвентарна книга № 5. Рідкісна книга.
- History, source, type and date of acquisition
- From the private collection of Faina Petryakova, a well-known art critic. Added to the collection in 2002.
- Production period
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- Pesach (Passover)
- Religious holiday / lifecycle, comment
- The book contains the texts of the story on Exodus of the Jews from Egypt and the necessary prayers and blessings for seder in the evening 15th and 16th of nisan on the 1st and the 2nd days of Pesach, respectively. Before each participant of the meal before the seder Haggadah is placed. The most important part of the Haggadah is the reminder about four commandments of the first night of Pesach: Passover sacrifice, matzo and maror, and also about the commandment to tell about the Exodus from Egypt on the first two nights of Passover.
- middle of XX - middle of XX
- cardboard, paper
- Dimensions, cm
- width: 12.00, height: 0.30, length: 15.00
- Preservation condition
- Restoration is recommended.
- Current location
- on display