Ktuba (ksuba) is a Jewish marriage contract. Ktuba is written on a special form called Shtar Ktuba and is signed by two kosher witnesses and it usually read out loud at the chuppah (wedding canopy). Text of ktuba is written on Old Russian. The form of ktuba is sticked on the thick paper of a golden color.
"Ktuba" (Jewish marriage contract) (Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions)
Jewish document - marriage contract.
- Museum / institution
- Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions
- Inventory number in the institution
- ЖКМ КП 2490 ІД 2219
- Production period
- printing, manuscript
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- middle of XIX - end of XIX
- paper, ink
- Dimensions, cm
- width: 26.90, length: 32.90
- Preservation condition
- Description of the preservation condition
- Gaps, rubbing, brown stains, folds and scrapes.
- Restoration is recommended.
- Current location
- in storage