А Jewish coin (Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions)
The coin of the period of the 2ndrevolt of Jews (2ndcentury).
Coin bearing Jewish signs and words dating back to 134-135. On the obverse of the coin:a branch of the olive tree in the center with blurred Hebrew letters around it. On the reverse of the coin: a garland in the center with the date embossed in the middle – 134-135, around it indicating the name of the leader of the 2ndrevolt of Jews Shimon Bar-Kokhba. The archeological expedition headed by doctor Gideon Mann discovered a lot of such coins in our days in the cave near Beitar, that was a hiding place of Bar-Kokhba.
- Museum / institution
- Zhytomyr Regional Museum of Culture and Traditions
- Inventory number in the institution
- КП 20418 Н/б 8925
- Production period
- repoussage and chasing
- Religious holiday / lifecycle
- daily common use
- the beginning of I - middle of I
- Diameter (mm)
- Preservation condition
- Description of the preservation condition
- White stains, uneven edges with a cut off piece on one side, abrasions, scratches, blurred impression.
- no restoration needed
- Current location
- in storage